No Comments

How Can I Check My Immigration Case Status In 2020?


TIM,Immigration, Victoria Suh Esq.

 Victoria Suh

Victoria Suh

Do you have a case that is delayed by the USCIS?  Here are some suggested ways that you can try to get a response.  If your case is filed at one of the Service Centers and you have a case number, it will start with WAC, EAC, NSC, VSC, TSC, and MSC and followed by a series of numbers, you can check the status online at  At the bottom of the homepage, there is a case check box where you can input your case number to check the online status.

If you cannot get any status there, you can try to call the USCIS customer service hotline at 1-800-375-5283.  If you give them your case number or Alien Registration number, you may be able to get some updated status on your case.

Another alternative would be to make an Infopass appointment to speak to a local USCIS representative at the local district office.  If your case is pending at the local district office then you may try to speak to an immigration officer through an Infopass appointment.  To make an Infopass appointment, you can book it online at

When all else fails and if you case has been pending for an unreasonably long time, another option may be to file a lawsuit against the USCIS to force them to issue a decision on your case.  This process is not suitable for cases that have been pending just for a little time.  But, if you have a marriage case, for instance, that has been dragging on for a year or two without any response from the USCIS, this may be an appropriate type of situation to file.  Other types of scenarios may include a stalled naturalization application that has been pending for a year or two without resolution.  This lawsuit is called a Writ of Mandamus. This will essentially force the USCIS to issue a decision.  It does not guarantee a positive “yes” decision, but it will typically get you an answer within a reasonable amount of time.

For more information contact

Victoria J. Suh, Esq.*

Tsoi & Associates, Lawyers

3580 Wilshire Bl Ste 720 L A, CA 90010

Tel 213-387-2888 *Fax 213-387-2882



You might also like

More Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.
You need to agree with the terms to proceed